View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Beating bad players

My life at 22s and 33s: 3-8 players are bad and they bang their heads together for the first 3 levels while I go heat up some pizza. I play 1-5 hands level I-III and sometimes double up. But often I've blinded down to 10x BB with 6 left on level IV. Sometimes I get cards and usually double up against a fish and sometimes I blind down some more. If I'm down to 5BB I start looking to steal or win a coin flip. What's lame about SNGs is LAGs crappy early strategy turns out to be pretty much good bubble strategy so it gets frustrating sometimes. But [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] , that's the fish appeal because they 5 bust out level I and 1 gets insanely lucky and plays good poker by accident. And when it wins it thinks it can BS its way into first enough to make us money.

So don't make mistakes like thinking you'll limp with KTo hoping to dominate a fish. Or calling a push with middle pair just because the guy has pushed 3 flops on the orbit. I used to do that and it fails more often than not.

GL