View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Beating bad players

[ QUOTE ]
I know that if you're a good player, then you should be able to beat bad players. I just keep getting outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're losing over the long run playing against these type of players, then the best thing you can do is be smart enough to realize it's not the getting outdrawn part that's causing you to lose (overall).

Winning players get outdrawn their fair share of the time. But they're still winning players over the long run. Period.

If your goal is to be a long-term winner, your energy is much better spent trying to become a better player, rather than lamenting that your overpair got cracked 4/5 times in a day, or that 3 flush draws came through against your TPTK, or spending countless time reviewing your SNGs to count up the bad beats you suffered in a day.

Not trying to hate on you in particular - about every 20th post of this nature sets me off. Sh-t happens, best to accept that reality when it happens, and do your best with it from that point on.

Of course, I'm just a lucky player. Ask me whether I believe that after being on the receiving end of a non-stop suckout-fest and I'll still tell you the same thing - I'm a lucky player who's now very due to go on a suckout streak of my own. But that's what I choose to believe - it has no independent reality of it's own absent my belief.