View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Flopping two pair in the blinds

8-16 at Hawaiian Gardens in CA. 9 handed. I've been seated for almost one orbit. Just won a decent pot with AK against 5 seat. He called me down with JJ after a flop of A84. Seems to be a pretty loose calling station. Seat 3 is older guy that hasn't played a hand yet and is tilting. He keeps complaining about a "bad beat" he took a little while ago.

I am BB. EP2 call. Seat 3 call. Seat 5 call. CO call. Buton call. SB completes. I check with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

(6 SB) Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

SB checks. I bet. EP2 folds. Seat 3 calls. Seat 5 calls. Everyone else folds.

I bet out to protect my hand. I was pretty sure that I had the best hand and was hoping to get raised by a flush draw or straight draw so I could three bet. I thought seat 3 could have KQ, QJ, AT-JT, or KJ for straight draw or big club draw. Seat 5 could have any of the above or much weaker like bottom pair with any kicker.

(4.5 BB) Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet, seat 3 raises, seat 5 calls. I included AA or KK in seat 3's range of hands. He could have been very poorly slow playing these. Seat 5 drawing to flush or still maybe with one pair. He's seems to be that bad of a player.

I three bet and both call.

(12.5 BB) River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet. Seat 3 calls. Seat 5 raises. I think he made a set or two pair. I call. Seat 3 folds AA faceup.

Can I fold this river? Should I check raise flop or turn instead of betting out? Flopping two pair in the blinds is something I have trouble with. Never really sure how to play them. Please help.