View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Stats, Downswings, and Whatnot

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys want us to be doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed with a lot of what Tom wrote but he did go a little overboard. If you look back through the archives, some of the most helpful threads arose from a downswing or "low content" post. We saw one just the other week in the general forum where Ed Miller got involved in gentleman gerry's, (alla the matador, alla cinna....etc) low content downswing thread. That thread tuned out to be so good, Greg made a link of it to the micro forum.

And this is my concern. By cutting threads off with a heavy hand you risk losing some great discussions which can come out of nowhere. And that is usually where great discussions come from. You can't forsee it happening. Now, don't get me wrong. You guys haven't be using too much of a heavy hand. But I'd hate to see it go that way by accident and a general misinformed desire to do good. Leave the threads there. The forum will take care of them. Survival of the fittest and evolution theory on a speeded up scale. And who knows what may come of it. Some of the funniest threads as well have come out of extremely low content. Sup bro and poo mountain just to think of a few.

So what should you guys be doing? I think the whole matador debarcle was a good example of where a mod was sorely needed. These boards are for the discussion of poker. When an obvious troll comes in who's only desire is to disrupt and cause chaos, that's where I think a mod should be. Not necessarily banning. But warning would be good.