View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: I\'ve never really been a whore?

[ QUOTE ]
I have not played enough on party poker for definitive proof, but I have played enough to get a general indication of the trend of unusual events occuring.

[/ QUOTE ]

The observations of a human in the short-term (and, really, the long-term as well) are virtually meaningless. I know this well as I wrote a PhD dissertation on the issue. (My dissertation involves machine learning...so don't come at me with some psycho-babble or pure mathematics. Neither means anything to me.)

[ QUOTE ]
There has been no analysis of the type that I am talking about that I am aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

You not being aware of it does not mean much to me. Using machine learning techniques and large databases, I have investigated things to my satisfaction. I am 100% convinced that there is absolutely nothing amiss with the large poker sites.

Whether you choose to accept this or not, I could not care less. I have no desire to let anyone see my work...and even if I did, you would be well down the list.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you are newer than me is not statistically significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

True...but it sure sounded good! The fact is, we are both in the same boat in terms of time/posts and I have been treated well by the community... So one of us must be special.

Acme