View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

[ QUOTE ]
I would be happy to 4-table at a site for some special bonuses.

I would not be happy to wear an O Doyle's Army special outfit in public. I have exactly zero pieces of clothing with any company names attached - but would probably wear an online site's shirt if I won a $10k entry and got hotel accomodatioins for wearing their shirts.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of wearing something different looking is twofold.

Number one is that it will catch the media's and public attention thus making it an attractive method of marketing for a poker site. I predict that once the "pros" from Full Tilt are shown more and more on TV in their jerseys, it will result in an upswing in business for them. I am sure they went with the Jersey look instead of the mundane polo so they would not be missed when they enter a huge poker room of a few thousand people in it. Same thought with the military-like type shirt. Definitely would draw attention to our group and especially if we made a point of entering the poker-room as a unit and to continue to support our unit once we are eliminated from the tourney. Simple, but I think it would provide for some very effective marketing for a site.

Number two, is that we would also be letting the public know exactly who we are and how we got to this tourney. We might develop a long term relationship with one site year in and year out, but then again "ODoyle's Army" could perhaps remain as free agents, giving us the ability to negotiate with different sites in the future as a group of high volume players.