View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Omaha Newbie Help

Ok so I've played quite a bit of limit holdem and have started playing Omaha Hi/Lo for a change of pace. However, I'm finding that there isn't nearly enough information out there on this game. I have ordered both How to Win at Omaha Hi/Lo by Cappelletti and Championship Omaha by McEvoy but they won't be for a week or so. I've played 2400 hands and have lost $230 so I'm sure I have some leaks in my game and would like to ask a few questions. I play full ring limit games on the Party network and Stars. Here is my PT stats.

2/4 - 735 hands - 12.79 VP$P - (-$209.13)
1/2 - 643 hands - 13.37 VP$P - (-47.25)
.5/1 - 1023 hands - 19.26 VP$P - +25.40

1. How much aggression? In limit my preflop aggression runs right around 6%. I have no aggression in Omaha. My PF aggression is .17% and my overall agression is .21%. My thinking is maybe I'm letting in too many people preflop and also letting them hang around after the flop to eventually split a pot with me. What hands do you raise with preflop? What made hands and draws to you raise with on the flop and later streets?

2. Starting Hands. I basically use the starting hands from this site: http://www.o8poker.com/ It seems very tight especially looking at my Voluntary put $ in before the flop percentage. I would figure that in Omaha 8 this percentage would be higher than in limit. Is that so?

3. Calling down too much? I see that in my PT stats that I Won$ at SD only 60.36% overall. Are you only calling down hands that you have the nuts on at the river?

I know my PT stats isn't very many hands but I would like to get some input on ways to improve my game. Thanks for any help you can give me.