View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Unorthodox raise from the SB w/ K7o

The converter ate this hand, so it's old-school style.

Party 3/6.

Villian has $7.66. He is a total LAG, whom I've tangled with in a handful of hands, and he may well be on tilt. An example hand previously is when he raised 22 from EP, capped my 3-bet (I had KK), went 4 bets on the flop, 3 on the turn and lead the river. Neither of us tripped up, I believe an A hit the turn causing me to ease up, but MHWG.

Villian raises UTG. With the previous read (very LAG, bluffer, possibly on tilt) I put him on two cards, possibly with suits and numbers on them.

Folded around to me in the SB w/ K7o. I raise, BB folds, Villian calls his last $1.77.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 7h, 4s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kd ]
Madtown shows [ Kc, 7d ] two pairs, kings and sevens.
Villian doesn't show [ 2h, 7s ] a pair of sevens.

When it got folded to me in the SB, I knew that it was either a fold or raise situation.

My question:

A) What hand range are you 3-betting here to push out BB and get it heads-up all-in preflop versus an UTG lunatic?

B) Assume lunatic is not shortstacked, but rather just reloaded last hand. What hands are you now 3-betting to isolate said lunatic, without the all-in aspect?

I felt that K7o was a bit loose for this play, especially given how little money was in the pot. But I really had no idea whether that was the case or not.

Also, I realize this is a less worthwhile discussion as this isn't a scenario you're faced with all that often, but I thought it might be an interesting discussion.