View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: The paradox of making money from opponents mistakes

[ QUOTE ]
Um, people in this thread have said its 6:1 to hit an overcard to make a pair. This is simply not true. First of all, 6.7:1 is a lot different than 6:1 in the long term. This is epecially true once you discount outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that was my fault. I wrote this while I was tired.

Very good responses so far (although the someraulting one seemed a little cocky for some one with 10 posts).

BTW, some one asked about donk bet. A donk bet is when a player who is out of posiiotn bets into the in postiion player who bet or raised the last round. The idea is that the more "standard" play would be to c/r the guy because he will most likely bet.

I think I have an idea of where my reaoning was bad, but I wanted to write this post to get a better idea of how to exploit inforamtion to get the most money out of a hand.

In this case, we are in good shape because based on the information villian has he should bet the flop. We know that his informaiton is wrong (because we know our hand more precisely than he does), and we exploit that to get two bets in the pot by c/r vice donking.

I still stand by my postion that the villian played "mistake free" poker when he bets the flop. He is acting in a manner that shows the most profit based on the information he has at the time. The same is also true when he calls the flop c/r.