View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Four Kinds of Atheists.

I thought this might be light and amusing... a sort of converse, kind of like Kant's 4 antinomes....

4 types of Theists

1) Those who deep down want there to be a God because they feel the need to answer to someone.

2) Those who feel that God is portrayed in the Bible and with all of his bloodshed and forgiveness, he is deserving of worship.

3) Those who apply philosophical principles going back hundreds of years to argue for the necessity of a God to explain the existence of things.

4)Those who look at the things that science has only recently explained. And while, they notice just how far science has come, realize that the gulf between things know and things unknown always seems to grow, the more knowledge that is attained. And upon looking at those recent explanations come to the conclusion that it is now even more reasonable than ever to expect that even more unexplained phenomenon will have to be attributed to the God of the bible.

*note, I am not a Theist, nor do I think that any type of reasoning whatsoever can lead one towards or away from God.