View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Four Kinds of Atheists.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Those who deep down want there to be no God so they don't have to answer to him

2. Those who feel that if God is as portrayed in the bible he is undeserving of worship.

3. Those who apply philosophical principles going back hundreds of years to argue agianst the necessity of a God to explain things.

4. Those who look at the things that science has only recently explained. Things that previously seemed so astonishing that a God, as farfetched as the idea is, was a more likely explanation than anything else. And upon looking at those recent explanations come to the conclusion that it is now much more reasonable to expect that still unexplained phenomenon will also eventually be explained by science rather than the God of the bible

Only the fourth type of atheist should be taken seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which type are you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm #2 & #4... but more of a "skeptic" by nature... who has learned that things that are far fetched usally aren't true, and therefore I need more evidence of them being true. I'm not sure what #3 means, by the way. Maybe I'm that too.

Should an amalgamated atheist be taken seriously too? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]