View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: I found $640: now what?

[ QUOTE ]
Tripp:

I'd like to read the statute, if you know of one... I don't care what state its from, I'm just interested in seeing just how protected from themselves and their own stupidity today's Americans really are.

If you drop $640, and don't notice it, you don't deserve to have the $640. Period.

Flame on,
yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

18 Pa.C.S. (Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes) § 3921 Theft by unlawful taking.
(a) MOVABLE PROPERTY. --A person is guilty of theft if he unlawfully takes, or exercises unlawful control over, movable property of another with intent to deprive him thereof.

The purpose of this statute isn't to protect idiots who lose things. It's to punish scumbags like you that would keep things when they know it isn't theirs.

EDITED TO ADD

Can't believe I missed this one:

18 Pa.C.S. § 3924 Theft of property lost, mislaid, or delivered by mistake

A person who comes into control of property of another that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake as to the nature or amount of the property or the identity of the recipient is guilty of theft if, with intent to deprive the owner thereof, he fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to a person entitled to have it.