View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: The definitive post on 22s v 33s (with some comments on 55s)

[ QUOTE ]

i would like to hear your thoughts on why you disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 3 reasons.

1. Results. I played about 7-8k sngs in which I open shoved any time I had 3-5 bb. I have played about 2k sngs in which I play patiently through the blinds (provided that they are big.) My results playing the latter have been much better.

2. It is relatively easy to pick off. If I notice that a solid player who is short shoves utg, I will call with a very liberal range. I can say that 7/10 times, they are not holding what they are supposed to.

3. Just because you dont have 3 bb doesn't mean that you don't have FE. We have all been in situations in which we have 2 bb, but the bb has 3 bb. He isn't going to be calling with a wide range here all too often.

For the most part, I used to play like you, but Rojosox and I had a conversation over AIM, and it has served me well. Another thing to consider is that many fishies have something that I like to call bassakwardseliminitus. In other words, instead of properly working on stealing from the mid stacks, they bully the short stacks with nothing because they think that the goal is eliminating opponents. Essentially, getting 2:1 with T3 against 78 is a beautiful situation.