View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: ISOP Cancellation

Thanks for all your hard work on this guys.
You have vision for the future of online-poker and it's unfortunate that the sites don't uniformly share in that vision.

I suspect if the idea of the World Poker Tour had come up in 1995 Steve Lipscomb would hav been laughed out of the room and the Travel Channel (and all other channels) would have been doubled-over thinking about "televised poker?!?! Woo-hooo-hoo-hooohooo!!"

I would be willing to guess that there were a lot of people pulling him aside in 2002 when it was getting going telling him "are you nuts?? this is a really stupid idea. Sure you got one channel on board which is a real accomplishment but it's still pretty freaking dumb."

Same goes for the idea of ESPN showing 1 month's worth of WSOP tourneys...as well as putting together a drama (which is more of a comedy) and now the WSOP tour events.

No way this would have happened even 5 years ago, much less 10.

Online-poker has grown tremendously in just the past 2-3 years...so, for all we know, 2-3 years from now may be a more opportune time to attempt a bold venture such as the ISOP.
Just a couple of years ago it wasn't very easy to envision 70k players on party at a time...or $500k guaranteed tourneys on Stars...etc etc.

[ QUOTE ]
good news is that Mason will be providing you with a humor column this month

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part of your post that truly frightens me.