Thread: A4s
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: A4s

i'm still thinking about the pf. i make this play alot, but if the table is so loose i don't know that raising is optimal. you have to bet this flop to avoid it checking through and giving any free cards. i certainly don't like button's raise on the flop given his passivity(or read thereof anyway). it could be a free card play i suppose. i personally play the flop fast in what i perceive to be upcoming marginal turn and river decisions to save bets on the big streets so i don't mind the flop 3bet so much. have to bet the turn here in case there is a draw against you, problem is, any other ace is likely beating you. button seems to be calling an ace down or drawing to the flush. they only call your turn bet and that is where you may have beat a better hand into passivity with the flop 3bet and extracted an extra sb from those drawing from behind. on the river i wearily call given button may fold if he was drawing or will likely just call being the passive player he is if he has a hand. i feel your prelude to the hand concerning MP1 may have come true once again, but you cannot think weak like that. conversely, you do not have a powerhouse hand yourself, so calling would seem correct.