View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Arcade Machine I saw at Costco

[ QUOTE ]
ok so, where are you guys getting your ROMs? all mine are missing files. I get the feeling Im doing something wrong. using Mame32

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally only update every 6 months or so (unless something I'm really anticipating gets added/fixed - I have an older PC and newer games don't run very well on my machine so there's no real point to keeping right up to date). Every time I do update, a bunch of ROM sets need to be replaced because they've been updated in the interim. This can be a real pain in the ass if they've been recently updated and some of the ROM sites are behind too. This MAY be what is happening to you.

Or, you may not have setup MAME properly - What directory do you have you ROM sets in? Did you tell MAME what directory to use? (In MAME32, click OPTIONS then DIRECTORIES. Use the pull-down menu to select ROMs then use BROWSE or INSERT to add directories)

Like I mentioned, it's been several months since I updated so I have no current sites, but the best places for ROMs for me has always been IRC and Usenet (well, since mame.dk died, anyway).