View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Is eurosuck/pokerroom\'s rake schedule really this hideous?

I'd agree about the rake numbers at the lower limits on potty poker. I was making more from rakeback playing at those levels than I was from the game, especially 1/2.
However, I beat .5/1 for 4BB/100 in spite of the rake because it was so soft.

When thinking about Eurotrash and the hideous rake there these days, I think it is going to come down to trade offs.
I saw the softest $3/6 game I have witnessed online this weekend. There was something like a 62% VPIP and a relatively low avg pot. So it was loose and passive. Snuggly fuzzy cuddly soft. I have never seen anything like that in the 3/6 realm of Potty EVER.

So what you have to take into account is the beatablity of the games and balance that against the rake taking out the rakeback and bonus $. You may pay more to do it, but you beat the game for more than you would playing tighter tables and paying less rake. I bet there are only a very few players capable of accepting those tradeoffs.

Bottom line, I'm going to have to have a couple months time there before I can come to any conclusions. I suspect however, that the taking out rakeback, I'm going to be pretty satisfied that the new situation is worth my while, especially if I find the games to be consistently soft.