View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Results/Bad Justification. I got lucky anyhow.

Yeah, it felt wrong and it was wrong, and I can see this now, but here is my justification.

Firstly, I thought there was absolutely no chance that the Queens were good. Normally I would have outs to draw to a Queen, but the board made this problematic. Okay, so I've got outs right?

I thought about and didn't think I had nearly as many outs as you would imagine. 5 players don't come into a hand without Aces and Tens. I figured with all these people willing to call they either had clubs, Queens, or Kings. I can't be too happy about any of this. It means I very well could be drawing to few outs to a chopped pot (two or three ways). The outs I have are tainted, as there are redraws against me. So what am I looking for? A running full-house or a running second nut single card flush?

All that being said, I think the pot was just too big to justify the lay down. Even a third of this pot is worth going for.

AS luck would have it. A bad King(from a player who ain't letting go) dragged the pot. At least one Queen(Q and a pair) was out and I still suspect the folded hands were clubs or a queen. It worked out, but I still know I should've called.

I wrongly figured up front that I was either going to get involved in this thing or get away from it, while the proper play was probably somewhere in between.