Thread: 10/20 37s
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:11 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: 10/20 37s

[ QUOTE ]
Leading out for 2 reasons. It puts immediate pressure on the other EP guys, not letting them get a sense of what the action is before they have to act. The flop is multi-way, likely to get action and I know I'm playing it, so I'd rather act than react. I just think check/coldcalling is weak and would rather bet/call instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

What types of hands do you want to "put the pressure on"? It will make it tougher for Ac/ Kc/ Qc ( to call if u lead as long as they don't hit another part of the flop). But then again, if UTG is calling with Ac3h or some other random crap, do u really think he's the type to fold this b/c he anticipates it getting raised behind him? Do u think that the cold-callers that have one of these hands are going to fold even if it's raised in front of them. They would have to be cold-calling with one of these hands, which makes me think that they aren't the type to fold.

Any pair hand, i want to stay in the hand b/c it increases my overlay. Most gutshots/ OESDs will stick around anyhow (which u should want), and the only real coup would be to get a hand like Qc8h to fold, but again, if they're here with that hand, they're sticking around.

As for the value part, i would estimate u have 28-30 % equity (a completely random estimate and if someone can think of a way to do the math, i would appreciate it), so i can see it being for value, but u also may blow off the LP players if there's a bet and a raise before them, which decreases ur overlay. If u start getting funky with a c/r , then MP may 3-bet and get this HU, so i don't like that so much either.

As for the second reason, i don't really get this. Is this just part of "me have equity me raise me not weak" 2+2 mantra?