View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: 3 hands from today\'s brutal beat down of my BR

I'm really struggling with what to do on hand 1. If you had a backdoor draw I think it would make this a bit easier. But I still want to call this. MP2 may be raising with a hand like mid pair and flush or bd flush draw. You're behind JT and AJ or KJ and drawing slim. If turn comes blank and your faced with the same aggression I think its a safe fold.

Hand 2 seems equally confusing. There are more combinations of KJs, AK-AJ than AA-QQ which is nice against MP1. Also being that tight it may be easy to push him off a hand later. But MP2s 3-bet sucks. A range of hands for this type of player would be AA-TT. AK suited or not and maybe AQs if he's trying to get it heads up. You're ahead of about an equal number of these hands that you are behind to. I would still cap it, you may even get MP1 to fold and take it heads up with MP2.

Hand 3, since villain is passive I'll check/call the river. If he's REALLY passive I'd fold to the turn raise as his raise is less likely to be anything worse than two pair.