View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a good reason to believe that his results are legitmate? Even if he is not colluding, could he perhaps be having chips dumped to him for sime reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

those that play in these games have no reason to suspect that chips are being dumped. these are also the games that people mine. it could easily be shown (by those w/ the databases) that the biggest losers in the game are not from ljubljana and are losing money to others as well at a similar, albeit smaller rate.

further, this player has creamed every single limit game that he/she has played (not sure its a guy or girl so just call it he). and to add to the non-coincidental evidence, ljubljana is a city in slovenia in which both Abdul Jahlib and Izmet Fekali reside, and where they conduct research.

these factors have led me to believe that the plays that we see (and ive seen) that appear to be spews are indeed -EV, but that overall, the action generated on greater hands vs. lesser observant opponents who cap 3rd pair vs. DERB outweigh these losses in EV.

i can't tell you 100% that DERB is a winning overall player and not a lottery winner. but id lay you some serious odds. id say pretty safely that at this point id lay 9:1 odds DERB has come accross a winning strategy that is not outlined by traditional poker theory.

Barron