View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: My return to MTT\'s (several hands from final table run)

Lots of hands here. I'll review only the first few for now...

1) Normally I always raise when the action gets back to me with aces. However I feel like after a raise and a reraise, putting in the third bet means "I have AA or KK". On the flop, this is an obvious and easy call - you have an overpair and the nut flush draw incase you are behind.

2) I lead out for less on the river. If he has the flush you are going to get raised no matter what you lead unless it's a baby flush, and you have tons of showdown equity, and you checkraised the flush card so I doubt he'll bluff raise you. The only thing you want to lay down here is a set but I think it's better to bet for value instead of trying to get a set to fold. I think I lead for 300 on the river.

3) Very nice.

4) Preflop I am very torn, obviously once you've limped call the small raise, but playing 88 out of position for 100 chips is asking for trouble. What do you do if he raises to 450-500? On the flop, the only thing I might do differently is raise a tiny bit less, like to 850-900. But that's being nitpicky, your raise is fine.

5) Standard you are pot committed against that opponent.

6) Why are you pushing the turn? He (should) only call you if he was on the draw and it got there, or maybe if he has the case queen with a jack or the ace of diamonds, but that's unlikely given your hand. But if you check again you might provoke a bluff. On the other hand a 4th diamond on the river sucks for you. Did he have the flush and you sucked out on the river?

7) I lead this flop 100% of the time. But that might be a leak in my game.

8) Standard.

9) Standard with these blinds and his stacksize.

10) I lead the flop for less. You could save yourself ~500 chips.

11) Wow the blinds are t800? Is this the bubble? Tons of short stacks. If this is near the bubble (before or after) it's fine.

12) You are getting over 3:1, you must call.

13) Blinds are huge, shortstack, pot odds, he could have anything. Call.

14) I like a smaller raise here you are above 10xBB. But pushing isn't wrong.

Alright that's it for now, I'll probably look at the rest later.