View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: How much did you win/lose in your first year?

[ QUOTE ]
So far EVERYBODY in the poll won, except me.

I'm suspicious.

Pretty much every big-time poker player will admit to going broke several time during his or her lifetime, especially when they started playing. I don't see how that is consistent with everybody else in the poll here making money from the get-go.

But hey, maybe I'm the worst player here. It's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you played .5/1 on party a year ago, it was pretty much shooting fish in a barrel. i never studied or read a book, but just used common sense to beat the games. when 7 people see a flop every time, its pretty easy to wait for monsters and rake in the big pots. i don't even think i raised aa preflop! however, i managed to beat the uber-fish. anyways, now i am only a slightly above average small stakes player, whereas many people who have been playing for a shorter period of time are playing 15/30 and making the big money. at least it seems like everybody is playing 15/30 if they have been playing more than 1 year. maybe i just see the extreme success stories more often than the failure stories. i think i just don't enjoy the gambling aspect of poker enough to ever become great at it. i guess if i actually had money to blow it would be different. playing with scared money is a great way to stay average (at best).