View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Standard AA line?

I think you need to either raise more on the flop, or just call. Personally I like jacking it up to about 55. The pot will be 55+18+28 so you will be giving about 2-1. Your flop raise is so tiny you are giving everything implied odds to draw against you, and you stand a very good chance of defining your hand in the eyes of the villians as weaker than it is, which could be trouble in later streets. Better just to call or make a real raise.

On the turn I think a read would be incredibly helpful. You have to consider the lack of strength you showed on the flop. Villian 2 could have a set or 56, but he could also have a hand like JJ-KK or even a strong T, thinking he is ahead because of your weak flop play. Seems pretty clear that you have to push or fold here, since a call here will obviously commit you to calling off the rest of villian's stack ($100 more). It's pretty close but I favor a push, since you vastly underrepresented your hand on the flop and this is a flop where villian could easily think his second best hand (AT, JJ, QQ) is best.