View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Totally out of control - QQ

I really like the river bet. If he has AA or KK he is betting anyway, and so you you will get that money in, yet he is pretty unlikely to raise you given your action. Also, you may occasionally get him to actually fold his AA or KK, while being ahead of the SB. If this happens even once in a blue moon, you take down major profit. Only negative thing is that you lose money when he would of bet AK on the river, but I think it is extremely unlikely case.

If he raises your river bet, I think you can fold, even though the pot is ridiculously big. He just doesn't have JJ often enough (or does he?). Also, folding isn't so bad, because you may already be beat by SB.

As for the flop, I don't get why you try to get fancy. Just raise the flop. Your move does seem cool if it works, but I don't think he is raising overcards after a bet and call often enough. If you know specifically he will, I guess you are ok to do this, but I would rather just raise, and see what he does to get a better idea of where you are at.

I also think you can raise this turn. You are often a good portion of the time, and want to defend your hand in what is becoming a very large pot. You also have great equity with your overpair and gutshot.