View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Totally out of control - QQ

5/10 6-max (6-handed)

UTG is 31/15 and really combative postflop. This is a small site where we play a lot of hands together and I've had some problems with him pushing me around.

Cutoff is a 53/25 total LAG.

SB is a typical 73/16 whose postflop play consists primarily of betting out when he can and calling when someone else gets there first.

Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG raises, Cutoff coldcalls, SB coldcalls, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, all call.

Flop (16 SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG raises, Cutoff calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG caps, all call.

I didn't take UTG's preflop cap too seriously because he likes to have the last word and when SB bet out my gut feeling was that UTG would autoraise. So I decided to go for the call-raise. But SB's 3-bet really scared me and things spiraled out of control. You can judge the rest of the hand for yourself.

Turn (16 BB): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB bets, Hero calls, UTG raises, Cutoff folds, SB 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG caps, SB calls all-in, Hero calls.

River (28 BB): T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players including 1 all-in)
So-called Hero finally bets, ...