View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: A card dealing fiasco

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was not aware that the dealers had specific instructions on how to deal with such situations or I would have told my story more accurately

[/ QUOTE ]

You have identified a problem in poker today. A lot of people working in poker as delears, supervisors,a nd even some managers are not aware that there are procedures for these situations. Even though this sort of thing is rare it is important that the staff be able to handle it correctly.

Randy Refeld

[/ QUOTE ]

Well stated Randy. WAYYY too many in the business today are totally unaware of what was once a "standard" in the business. Including poker room MANAGERS & floorpeople. I was fortunate to have started 21 years ago and nearly my entire family has been in the business at some time or another or currently. Learning from the many that came before me has maybe even made me become rather indignant about some of the higher echalon people in the business that have no clue.

On a note similiar to this situation. When I suspect a deck foul, I call for a setup, I whisper to the floor "check & hold" green deck...or such...on my next break we will discuss it and I will verify it myself. This has helped me to pinpoint holdout artists, card markers, etc. Always done discreetly, including with offenders.

btw...one thing that is often done in this situation is all chips are returned to the players including the blinds in this hand, as if the hand was never dealt or played.

However, that being said, many dealers have NEVER been told of the procedures or been givin specific intructions to situations as above. Then they may also think they will get in trouble and screw it up even more.