View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:06 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Don\'t Call It A Comeback, I\'ve Been Here For Years

[ QUOTE ]
That's ok. I have my share of playing 45 out of the BB and sucking a wheel out.

Yeah, I had A34 and made the nut low and a set of 3s by the turn. Not the greatest, but no one was betting back at me, so I figured I was on my way to scoop city.

Until, of course, that A came up on the river. SIGH.

That's pretty much how my week's been going.

You didn't seem to enjoy my total donk bravado when I raised PF with AAAK (rainbow!) and managed to take down the whole pot.

Well, I figured the only one who was gonna call me was the guy with the case A, and I had a good chance against him heads up.

I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely HATE A/A hands with middle or big cards, at least at the lowest limits. It's very difficult to "narrow the field" with them, and usually you're up against 4-5 hands and it's not going to be any good.

I've had my share of bluffs, when I knew my opponents where chasing "x" hand and they didn't hit, they might've had me beat, but I was betting the whole way and never let up, so that's paid off reasonably well (except when some donk calls you down with two pair, 7's and 3's, doh!)

I don't remember my exact hand against you, but I flopped the nut straight draw, and figured you for the low, so thought I could at least take the high half of the pot, wasn't counting on your being counterfieted, but I couldn't complain at that point.

I know what you mean though. You hold A/A/K/Q double suited and the flop is 5/6/7 not of your suit. You hold A/2/3/4 or A/A/2/3 or A/A/2/5 suited, double suited, whatever, and the flop is either high cards, or two low cards and then high cards on the turn and river and you're chasing the whole way, ick. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]