View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Marauding pit bulls attack six

i think someone else mentioned this, but there is a breed, the argentinian dogo i believe, which is pretty fierce. i think they're illegal in many countries. someone in my town got a hold of a male and female, and they had a batch of puppies before the lone male was neutred. a friend of mine got one of the puppies. it grew to be about 100lbs, and looked ferocious. had the big jaws of a pit.. was mostly white, wiht some brown i believe. really sweet dog though. never bit anyone. the patriarch of the dogo family was an absolute savage though. one of two dogs i've ever been scared of. the other is a husky shepard mix that my friends family adopted from a shelter. thing is a monster. not in size, just personality. friendly towards the family, but anyone els3 is fair game. i've been around dogs my whole life, and while i'm sure breeding plays some role, i think that most of a dogs demeanor comes from how it is raised. i have met many friendly pits, and many nasty poodles. i think one reason pits have such a bad rap is alot of the people who buy them are idiots who want a mean looking dog, and in reality have no business owning a dog. mmany of the college aged nuckleheads that i know who own dogs have pits prolly for this reason.