View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Do you agree with this play?

When I flop a set OOP I either:

C/R all-in - If stacks are relatively shallow and you can pot commit your opponent through a C/R all-in, its the preferred play as it gets a whiffed AK's continuation bet. If there are players in between you and the PF raiser you can also often sandwich them in there and collect their dead money. (exactly what happened in this hand)

Lead - If stacks are deep I prefer leading because checking means that you have to "decloak" at some point and make a bet that reveals the strength of your hand. If you just lead and keep betting no one can be sure you have middle pair, top pair, a draw, or a monster.

In this case, stacks are pretty deep but I don't mind the C/R because many opponents will put you on a draw and call you down with top pair. It's a stupid call really, top pair is either barely ahead or already smashed, but that doesn't mean people won't make it a good deal of the time. Doing this also provides increased FE for when you DO C/R all-in on a draw.

So yeah, I like it, and will do it (mostly live) against many opponents. It's evil. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]