View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Cash in your ARP!

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the ethics lesson, your belief system intrigues me.

[/ QUOTE ]

These people looking to scam the gift certificate offer are the same ones who will whine their asses off if there is a rake increase.

Absolute already supports and condones rakeback. They also offer so many bonuses that I doubt any of us have ever played a hand there without a bonus.

El Sapo says that he believes that we should be paid for points... we are already.. twice. Once in the form of rakeback and once in the form of bonuses (Which are not deducted from your MGR, so your RB % at Absolute is actually higher than a equivalent % at other sites). Also as an added bonus, the games 10/20 and below are soft. So if you are a reasonably competent player you will earn a profit off of your play.

And still after all this, you have people looking to scam the website. If this was Party Poker... I could maybe see it... as Party seems to make a special effort to irritate their players.

However, Absolute aside from a few isolated and minor problems, has always tried to cater to the hard core players. I have recieved about 4-5 phone calls from them the last year... all just to see if there was anyway they could improve. As a matter of fact if there were industry awards... Absolute should get most improved site IMO.

Still after all this they run a promotion, that actually offers a decent return, a good use (They probably hope to pick up some additional customers), and actually is a good gift idea... and the first thing people do is try to figure a way to scam it. Think about it... one of the few sites that actually makes an effort to service their customers and so many people here are so anxious to piss on them.

What is more irritating is that I am sure people rationalise it in their minds that they are not stealing.