View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 02:37 AM

Default PETA says \"Jews are the same as poultry\"

Ok, so everyone agreed that the basketball flag thing was a big so what. Do we also all agree that PETA is worthless? They are my least favorite charity-type organization in the whole world. For anyone hasn't seen their new ad campain, just go to their website for a taste. I find it horribly offensive, and I am not even Jewish (yet [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). Not only that, they don't think I should be able to go fishing. We should start an anti-PETA organization...we could get shirts that say "they'll get my rod when they pry it from my cold dead hand"... um,ok ... nevermind bad slogan ... Seriously though, how about we start some serious PETA bashing here. I'll start.

Animals are not people. They are dinner. Comparing Jews to chickens and cows is ignorant. Think about how you would feel if someone took a picture of your grandfather as he was starving to death and then compared the value of his life to that of a chicken in a national ad campain. Maybe next week's ad will have slaves on one side and test monkeys on the other side or the French and an ostrich with its head in the sand. Very little offends me, but anyone who seriously equates my life's value to that of a farm animal pisses me off. Why would anyone in their right mind dedicate their time or give their money to protect a chicken when there are so many people in need? Preserving the environment and wildlife is one thing. Telling me I can't go fishing because it makes the fish sad and I can't eat a squid because it suffers is wrong. These people need to start worrying about their own lives and their own selves. If you don't want to eat chicken, don't eat chicken. One idea that should be important to everyone is to not impose our own idea of morality on others. The only requisite collective morality is a belief that it is wrong to infringe on the rights of others. And that only applies to people. I don't hunt, but I'm going to start hunting just to spite PETA. PETA does do one good thing though. It keeps the supermodels away from charities where they'd have to teach people to read, thus improving literacy rates.