View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.
Default Top two pair w/ str8 and bad flush draw in a mixed game. Blinds: 5/10

I posted this in a forum that I moderate and got an interesting response. I'll leave it here until it gets a bit cold, if it does get hot.

5/10 PLO ($1k max) in a mixed game. First hand in the PLO orbit.

I'm UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet the pot for $35 and get three callers including a very strong smart player who plays his position well left of the CO and the BB as well.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet out for $100. Fold. Villian raises to $250. BB folds. There's almost $500 in the pot and it's only $150 to me, so I call.

Turn: Blank

I check and Villian bets $250 again. Hmmm.... $750 in the pot. He can't have trip Aces or Jacks because I'm thinking he pushes harder on the flop, maybe 9's, so I have 12-17 outs. 10 or 11, if he has the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and/or the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].Is my flush draw alive? I wanna think with a flush draw+OESD or even a gutshot, trip nines, or Jacks, Villian re-raises the pot on the flop.

I have $715 left to invest in this hand and he has $465.

What do I do here?