View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: First PLO/8 post

I don’t play a ton of PLO8, but it seems fine to me. I think the key here is that you have the Ad.

Since you do, anyone with a low that’s calling you should have A3 and thus the A can’t be a diamond, meaning the chances they have a made flush are now only 50% as likely as before. And you are likely to ¾ them. Anyone with a decent flush sees the low out and knows they’re only playing for half the pot AND the Ax flush could be out.

Since your low is very strong here but your high is fairly weak, I think you want to play it just like you did – get a couple more $ in the pot on the flop, then blow them out to try and pick up high.

If you can get a set or weak flush to fold here, you win the half of the pot you wouldn’t otherwise, worth $10. If you get all in and are quartered, it probably costs you around $18 or so (wtd for times he gets counterfeited). But I think you’re opponents will fold fairly often as A3 without diamonds is in trouble, and weak diamonds without good low is in trouble, and sets will fold – all of which could be calling hands here. And you could even 3/4 someone who calls with A3 no diamonds.

--Greg