View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: 2005 Microquests Thread -- Post Your Progress, Setbacks

Okay, I'm game.

In 2005 I want to achieve several poker related goals.

The most general goal, and the one foremost in my mind, is to continue to study the game seriously. SSHE needs to be read again, and then again. Reading threads, posting hands -- I'm looking to assimilate all I can.

Getting results oriented, I very much want to make the move to 2/4. I'm 3/4 of the way towards a 400BB bankroll (garnered playing a mix of .50/1.00, 1/2 and 1/2 6 max), at which point I'll probably try mixing in some 2/4 tables during peak times at which I’m playing. I want to take it slowly, though, as I know I've still got much to learn.

Stretch goal for 2005 is to conquer 2/4 and make it up to 3/6. This is likely an ambitious goal, but I believe I can do it.

Finally, I'd like to build up enough of a bankroll whilst at 2/4 so that I can withdraw a chunk to put towards a "real life" bankroll for 4/8 at Foxwoods. (This is a bankroll priority for me, prior to the 3/6 jump, and in addition, this ameliorates some of the “bankroll grows faster than skill” issue.) Playing 2/4 at the reservation is fun, but the rake is utter nonsense. 4/8 at peak times seems crazy loose with a more reasonable rake, and I'd like to get in that game. (I'll likely put any bonus whoring or rakeback money towards this goal as well.)

On the side I want to keep practicing NL tournies. But, I think this is going to be the year for learning limit. Seems to me like that's the best foundation to build on.

Wish me luck!
-Brian