View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Man bets it all on one spin of roulette! (you gotta see this)

There was a programme on last week showing the build up to the event - mainly concentrating on him selling off his stuff.

Although he claims to be a pro gambler there's something not right when I watch him. At one stage he banked all his money, except for £600 which he kept back for poker play (in particular, a poker night he'd arranged with some friends). He ended up losing a chumk of it in the game and quit early.

This said 2 things to me:
1) Unless he's playing 1/2 or below then he was playing on a short bankroll.
2) His actions in the game showed he was operating a stop loss with regard to his money management.

Neither of the above suggest to me that he'd be a particularly successful pro-gambler.

I actually found the programme quite uncomfortable to watch. He held an auction for his stuff and his father was distraught that he was selling off a gold lighter he'd bought him for his 18th birthday - he ended up buying it back.

Why would anyone risk everything on a less than 50% shot? The guy is an idiot if he goes through with it - even if he wins he's going to have to replace his possessions at prices higher than he sold the old ones for.

The programme on Sunday is going to be fascinating but equally painful viewing I think.

Sheriff