View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Money transfer

[ QUOTE ]
Aggie,
I don't think my opinion is ridiculous at all. For instance, I would have no problem with AZK playing because he is putting in a lot of work. However, I think it is ridiculous that others who played in the HNL tourney would now play in the mid. I am definetly not looking at it from an EV standpoint either; there are way more +ev games I could be playing instead of time spent on the tournament.

IMO, the point of such a tournament is to play with your peers and the winner (top 3, 4, 5 finishers, whatever) have some bragging rights that they came out on top. But what happens if/when ML4L or Flynn wins? That's going to be expected, the 1st place purse isn't even as big as some of their buy-ins.

Anywho, I don't think that is ridiculous reasoning at all and that is why I politely excused myself and wished everyone luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously don't know what you people are talking about. This is not heads up basketball and you are not going against Shaq or Lebron. Play 100 heads-up matches against AZK or Flynn- expect to lose money. If you seriously think that you have no chance against one of these opponents when including the variance that comes along with volatile heads-up no limit, perhaps you should look into playing a 50 dollar tournament with only small stakes players.

Also, I myself look FORWARD to playing them. Personally I don't believe they are head and shoulds above me in ability; just more experienced (esp in heads up play). I relish the opportunity to play against them for money that I could care less about losing, but is also enough to make it worth playing. Where else will I get such a great opportunity? 25/50 is not the place to learn the ropes of heads up play against excellent players...