View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

I definitely think that a video-game background helps.

For those who are 35 or 40-ish and younger one's childhood might have been partly spent accidentally 'in training' for poker-multi-tabling.

Younger generation on the X-Box or Sega and what-not.
I'm 35 so I played lots of Atari (and the old Activision games....I need to get one of those 'retro' video-game things that they're selling now) and was also popping quarters into machines at the arcade (Ms Pac-Man, Centipede, Frogger, Pole Position, Time-Pilot, Galaga, etc etc).

For those 40 and over who might not have been into video-games I think it looks like it is all moving too quickly (for some).

I know an older guy who says he would try playing online, but he watched somebody playing on just 1 table one time it looked 'really really fast'. He couldn't keep up with it (it looks faster than it really is I think because of 4 or 5 players in a row all clicking on auto-fold or check-call or whatever).
But this is a guy who doesn't really understand much poker to begin with.

Some people who learn that I play 3 or 4 tables at a time think I must be some sort of genius to be able to do that....as if I told them that I can play 20 simultaneous chess-matches blind-folded while memorizing the phone-book and solving a rubik's cube with my feet.