View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 05:38 AM

Default Re: The 3 things that piss me off about the conflict

In response to Andy...

"1. It is our president who is equating war with peace in Orwellian fashion."

Okay. So what? My point was (is) that it bothers me that I have to listen to people equating "no war" with "peace". It's laughable.

"2. All citizens have the right to speak. There are certainly enough talking heads on television speaking. If they have little to say, so what? We have a wealth of sources of information available to us. Hopefully the best players will be talking too.

Of course, I agree that everybody has the right to speak. I just don't have to like what everybody says. As for a wealth of information, some have more than others....but it's the people with limited knowledge who speak the most. Too bad.

"3. There are always a few spitters in a country of hundreds of millions of people. Lots of people don't support many people who provide the sinews of our country: teachers, cops, working people. . . I don't look on them as "thankless wastes of flesh.""

I don't think everybody should have to outwards appreciate the sinews of our nation (although when I got a speeding ticket in December, after the ticket was written, I did sincerely thank the cop for doing his part for the nation...which is silly).

But the difference between "not supporting" and "spitting" is a very wide chasm. It is the people on the 'spitting' side that I view as little more than oxygen thieves.

I hope this clears up what I was trying to say in my first post.

Josh