View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 03:56 AM

Default I see your vision mama, I put my money on the longshots--

All my ballers that's born to clock

Found myself in a difficult position on this one, thought I would post it.

Home game $7.50-$15.00 ($2.50 chips with a 2/3 blind structure). Great game, but a little deceptive. Very California-esque in that it appears loose and wild with lots of loose players, but they can be quite tricky at times.

I’m in the small 3 people limp, a raise, and I call four more chips with pocket deuces, big blind calls as do all the limpers. So there is 30 chips( $75 American) in the pot.

Flop comes
2 – 3 – 10 with 2 clubs.

I bet, BaltimoreRon raises, there’s a call, and a raise from the pfr, folded to me and I cap, and we see the turn four handed for four bets each.

A note on the PFR is probably worthy at this point. PFR has a wild-loose crazy image, but I’ve learned better. He is impossible to put on a hand, but has very good card reading abilities (especially of players like me). He has no problem calling raises cold with any two cards, but plays post-flop very well. Also, his post-flop play is very player dependant.

Turn is an offsuit Jack. I bet out (may have smoke bet), Ron calls, and pfr raises. Ron and I call. I forgot exactly how we lost the fourth guy. I thought there was a very good chance I was behind the pfr, and put Ron square on the draw.

River puts up a non-pairing club…The dreaded flush draw has gotten there. I check. Ron bets six chips and says “F*** you guys”, very acceptable at this game (I’ve said much worse). Now usually I would make the crying call, but here’s the rub. PFR raises it all in to seven chips (17.50), this gives Ron the option of completing to 12 chips ($30). I ask the house to clarify the rule (I will call seven, but fear 12 chips, then again, I can’t see calling seven and then folding for five more), and they explain that Ron has the option to complete. I fold.

Comments on all streets appreciated. Also, is this a standard rule?

-Huh