View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Hands I Present Thee, Three. Help ME.

1) Why bother raising from EP with something like AQ and not make some type of a continuation bet, particularly when the flop is as favorable as it comes without actually making a pair? You're not trying to steal the blinds. You're very likely to be called by a wide range of hands. You're going to miss the flop most of the time. You HAVE to take a shot at it. Otherwise just call and see what happens. I don't mind checking the flop if you have an intention to raise. But when he checks behind you've got to lead out on the turn. I also don't mind betting with the intention of 3-betting if raised.

2) Definitely don't like this line. If you want to see a cheap flop then fine but you need to fold when it's raised and re-raised. You're barely getting the right odds to call for a set and you still have the MP raiser who might re-raise. I would normally raise it up first.

3) Pretty close call. You wouldn't normally see AA there. Perhaps but not likely KK. QQ is possible. AK is very likely. TT/99 maybe. I think you're about even, maybe very slightly ahead of his range. Decent overlay for the blinds. I like taking these small edges early knowing I will often bust but giving me enough chips to start pushing things and building a big stack if I double up.