View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Making him fold a better hand

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can get UTG to fold a better hand, or at least it's not likely enough to try. If he's got QQ, KK or any A, he's almost certainly going to show-down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt he'd ever fold an ace, but I also don't think that's his most likely hand based on the preflop and flop action. The reason I asked is because of his low WSD. If I can't get someone with that low WSD to fold then clearly it's virtually impossible to get someone to fold KK/QQ here. I used to be weak postflop, and my WSD was around 29-30 %. All I remember is that I *could* fould KK/QQ here if I was up against a blind playing his hand like that.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have 3-bet the flop here and then revaluated based on whether it was capped or not, and whether MP was still in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You think someone with a 11 % PFR and 2.1 AF will cap 99/AK/AQ/AJ/KQs etc UTG in a 3-way pot and then raise the flop so often that we may be ahead here? I'm still learning, but I'd like to think that 99 is very unlikely, and so is AQ/AJ/KQs as well, based both on the preflop and the flop action. Please straighten my thinking and hand reading.