View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Flush draw against many opponents + TAG raiser

Table has been pretty loose-passive with a lot of preflop limpers and cold callers. Button is a TAG who I have not seen make any foolish plays so far. BB is an idiot (67/9.59/1.59) who has been catching cards left and right.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

I liked this flop but I cannot lead. I thought about raising the field but villain on the button is a TAG who most likely had a hand that hit that board and a free card flop raise would not work, however I have a decent draw to the flush + 3 extra outs to the ass end of the straight. Is this a flop I should be raising?

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn call is getting 13.5-1, nothing to see here.

River: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

This donk bet worried me a bit about a higher flush. I only have the 3rd nut flush with two players yet to act. I think it would be reasonable to expect a maniac BB to hammer away if he had Qc-xc, so really I am more worried about the nut flush. In a big pot like this with the PFR behind me who likely had a hand that coordinates with this board, I elected to go for overcalls rather than raise out the other two.

So my two main questions are:

1. Check-raise the field on the flop?
2. Raise or go for overcalls on the river?