View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 99 in the SB - Stars $22 180 SnG, level 1....is this a donk play?

Well, the CO looks like a donk (that weird preflop raise which reopened the betting for UTG), so I don't think we have to run from our nines.

I would have led out strongly on the flop (250 - 275) and folded to a reraise. If he just called, I would assume that I am ahead.

However, you checkraised. Interestingly, the CO did not reraise you, but only called. What is he doing here? Is he trapping, is he scared of the paired board? Hard to say. However, you seem committed to the hand, so I think most people (even donkeys) will reraise you here if they think they have you beat. So my read is that you are ahead here, and I'm willing to die with my hand on that read. If he has a better pair, so be it.

On the turn, I would have led out again. I'm not anxious to give the villian a free card here. However, you didn't lead out. The villian's all-in looks suspiciously weak. I would call and expect to see AJ - AK (with the donk thinking that, since there is 2 pair on the board, 3355A is the nuts). He might also have a 5 or 3. Again, I'm comfortable with dying with this hand. I think most times you are ahead.