View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: KJ Vs Complete newbie

Preflop : I see nothing wrong with raising here. It appears you are playing against bozos. Raising here when you probably have an equity edge against your opponents is cool with me. You may not have the best hand here and maybe one other is gaining more money off your raise than you are but I would feel confident that you are indeed making some $ with this raise. IMO, keeping pot small to enhance opponents post flop mistakes is overrated at levels like 1/2. 5/10 and its a different story.

Flop : okay
Turn: I'm not completely sure what to make of your read. there seemed to be a lot of contradictions but then again these types of players constantly make contridictions to solid play as well as to their own poor play. A couple of things; I would think from what you said and the stats and my own dealings with these types is that often they love to bet but they aren't nearly as keen on raising. In addition for a player with this high VPIP he is pretty aggresive. I think he could be fairly likely to bet. I dig a c/r here.