View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: OT: A lot of you have ego problems.

i think everybody here is completely helpful and friendly. the only time you see somebody being a total dick is when somebody posts something really fricken stupid. if you post that you have an roi of 60% and ask if thats good or ask what your stats look like after 50 games then you're going to get made fun of because to be quite honest you are not intelligent and a large number of posters here are very intelligent. smart people often become annoyed by stupid people for their stupidity. i dont know if thats right or wrong but thats how it is.

The other thing that people are dicks about is when some new player doesn't believe what they say. When some people on this forum play 50+ games a day and have been doing so for a long time, they know things. If somebody who has played 50 games total comes in and argues with something the long time player KNOWS to be true, thats aggravating.

Finally, a lot of people here play for a lot of money. swings of thousands of dollars can start to bug even the most solid of players and this forum is often a place of support to turn to. I cant think of many posters that have something to offer that were bashed to the point of not returning. id agree with somebody else that said anybody that is going to be any good at poker is going to have thick enough skin to be made fun of on an internet forum.