View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Muslim Groups Cheer Aquittal of Cheerleader of Islamic Terrorism

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, but one main issue under discussion isn't whether or not al-Arian is technically guilty--it is that he has proclaimed his wishes aloud in his own words, and those words show he is a terrorist supporter, with terrorists' goals. Therefore, the legitimate American Muslim community should shun him and condemn his views and words, rather than cheer him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not possibly agree more. Well put.

The American Muslim community, IMO, has had their collective heads in the sand and must have some of the worst advisors/PR people, this side of GWB.

I said long ago that they should have been out front with an anti-extremist campaign. Look at how the Saudi royal family gets the PR folks working whenever they need to put a positive spin on something.

The few Muslims I've known were all kind, humble folks. Not to say I haven't run across a few nutcases, but I don't consider that to be "knowing" them. My thoughts about Islam, pre-Osama, et al, was that it was a very deep, philosophical belief system. The Muslims I've known were all true to their faith, but always accepting of non-believers.