View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Grade the drafts of the Brown Trout Yahoo League

I only went through the first 4 rounds, but some general notes:

In a 16-team league starting 2 RB's and a flex with only 2 WR's, the value of RB's goes WAY up. As such there were way too many QB's and WR's taken in the first 4 rounds. In fact, every single QB taken in the first 4 rounds and every WR taken in the first 2 rounds (except possibly Holt), were taken way too early. Manning probably should have waited till late 1st or early 2nd round. And every other selection of a QB in the 1st 4 rds was a terrible pick. Since there were so many QB's and WR's taken early, you can basically evaluate the drafts by who stuck to picking RB's early and often.

Evalation of drafts through round 4 (based on who did the best job drafting, not necessarily the best teams as those drafting towards beginning did have an advantage):

Good drafts
<ul type="square">[*]Brent Musberger [*]Fred Taylors groin (Whitten might be a bit of stretch, but excellent draft)[*]Evil Monkeys[/list]
Average drafts:
<ul type="square">[*]Lets Go Buffalo (Pretty solid, but would've preferred one of the available RB's in rd3 instead of Horn)[*]Toi Cooks (who ruined 3 good rounds with Hasselback in the 4th)[*]Infinite Drew Downs (available RB's in 2nd and 3rd probably a little better than WR's Johnson and Walker, but not by a huge amount)[*]The Holdout (same as Infinte Drew, WR's a little early, but not bad)[*]Luckboxes R' Us (good 1st 3, ruined by Favre)[*]Gunner Stahl (McAllister was the steal of the 1st round, though, again Bulger in the 3rd was a big mistake).[*]BostonZak (Moss taken too early, saved when Taylor and Foster fell all the way to the end of the 3rd)[*]The Hitmen (Green taken way too early)[*]PoopSoup (Same as everyone else, Collins taken way too early)[*]handsome (solid, though I think the available RB's still had a bit more value than Harrison and Gonzalez was OK value, but you only had 1 RB at that point, you needed to land a 2nd and there only a handful of playable ones left)[/list]
Worst:
<ul type="square">[*]Enrique Bouncers (Culpepper at #4 was terrible)[*]Montgomery Biscuits (McNabb in the 1st was horrible, lots of WR's I would've taken before Muhammed - saving grace is Tiki was one of bigger steals in the draft at #21)[*]Dharma Buns (Manning too early, half a dozen available RB's I would've taken before Williams, Gates taken too early).[/list]