View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: A problem with some religous views Part 2.

I think this is clearer without changing your point. Do you agree? Mostly puncuation and grammar changes. Please feel free to change back what you want.

Original claim

Consider this statement: "We are all guilty of sins. Those who believe can get redemption; those who don't believe have no chance of redemption and will be punished."

If my moral sense tells me that a god who enforces this view is morally repugnant, then at least one of the following is true:

I am being deceived by my moral feelings.
God isn't good.
That particular religious view is mistaken.

Claim 1

If my moral sense tells me that god as described by a particular religion is morally repugnant, then at least one of the following is true:

I am being deceived by my moral sense.
God isn't good.
That particular religious view is mistaken.

Claim 2

Any rational person whose moral sense tells them that god as described by a particular religion is morally repugnant must believe that at least one of the following is true:

They are being deceived by their moral sense.
God isn't good.
That religious view is mistaken.

Although, they may not know which of the three to believe is true.

The only other edit I can think of is to take out the words “at least” the 3 times that you say it. . Doesn’t it have to be any of the 3 but only 1 of the 3. Unless you are saying the reason can be , for example: both because god isn’t good and also because the religious view is mistaken.

If only 1 can be true then say it this way:
“ …then one of the following is true.” instead of the way you say it "...at least one of the following is true."