View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Have I taken this folding thing too far?

Well, i understand it just fine...i understand that if you make a consistent play with +EV, that over the long haul, you will be profitable by making that play. however, given certain reads and situations, you might want to deviate from that...

However, lets say you are a 51% favorite on a certain hand, and that hand occurs 3 times in a sng...and each time you push...while you are +EV on the hand, you are probably not going to cash many sngs...because you are essentially 13% to win all 3 confrontations.

I understand this stuff quite well, but the difference between your games and many other people's games is you guys are all 4-tabling at a minimum and looking to maximize $$/hr. I look to maximize ROI as i am still building my bankroll and looking to get the most of every $$ invested. I assure you i am very profitable...not bragging or anything, but i do very, very well on the $55s. I do recognize there is a definite strategy to playing sngs, but if you multitable, you cannot maximize ROI, just $$/hr. and i do not think one is wrong for choosing to maximize ROi...its a matter of choice...the higher your ROI, the less your variance will be, and that is something I prefer. but for you to ASSUME anything about my understanding is a bad read on your part and now i see why you choose to multitable. you play smaller advantages harder than I would...that is preference, not lack of understanding because i push those smaller edges when i am shortstacked...but tend to shy away early in sngs...

not to sound rude, but just because there is a different style of play does not mean it cannot be profitable or just as correct. sorry, but folding one hand will not mean i will make the money, but losing a big hand will ensure you dont.

Plus, askign how it turned out means nothing about my understanding of EV, ROI, or anything for that matter...but it could prove that even if he folds, despite your insistance that he calls, he can still cash!